Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My progress with the research essay

My paper is turning out to be less painful than I originally imagined. I think the hard work I put into the annotated bibliography is paying off now. I cranked out about four pages of the paper in only a couple hours. However, I'm not sure my organization is totally correct. My basic outline goes: introduction, history of the myth, analysis of current interpretation of the myth, analysis on whether this myth is truly a myth at all and then conclusion. I'm also think I may need to tweak my thesis (that is, the actual sentence at the end of my introduction) to better show what I'm going to discuss in the paper. I know what my angle is for the paper, but I'm having a hard time communicating that on the paper. I haven't written an essay that wasn't based on a specific class reading in a couple years, so this kind of essay is fuzzy for me and I need some reminders on how to write a paper that doesn't revolve around a certain work.

Otherwise, I feel I am doing okay with the paper. I found a lot of sources that back up my thesis and making my point easy to prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment